A browser based diagramming application useful to easily create flowcharts, process diagrams, organization charts, network diagrams, mind maps, and more. This application/tool covers most use cases for creating diagrams with numerous templates and shape libraries, also offering hundreds of visual elements. It integrates seamlessly with Google Drive. charts.apu.edu is free for faculty, staff, and students!
How to access charts.apu.edu
Option 1: Save diagrams to Google Drive
- Go to charts.apu.edu and click Google Drive.
- Proceed with authorization for Google Drive.
- Sign in with your APU email and click the Next button.
- Enter your APU NetID and Password when you see the CAS login page.
- Click Allow and start to Create New Diagram or Open Existing Diagram.
Option 2: Save diagrams to Device/Local Drive
- Go to charts.apu.edu and click Device.
- Start to Create New Diagram or Open Existing Diagram.
- Remember to save/export your diagram before you close the browser.
Learn more about this Application:
Best Practices for this Application/Tool
- For ease of access, link charts.apu.edu to Google Drive. Any changes to your diagrams will be automatically saved.
- You can share and collaborate on diagrams with other users in your Google Drive account.
- Charts.apu.edu is a web-based application and an Internet connection is required. You don't have to install anything or download any software.
This is an APU-IMT hosted application (draw.io/diagrams.net) and your data is stored only in Google Drive or on your local computer. Access can be revoked at any time without prior notice if IMT determines that the continued use of charts.apu.edu poses a significant risk to the safety and privacy of university and student data.
How to import Lucidchart diagrams into charts.apu.edu
draw.io/diagrams.net supports importing the Lucidchart JSON file format. Lucidchart makes it difficult to obtain that data, so the easiest way to import is to copy and paste from editor to editor.
To do this:
- Open the diagram you wish to import in Lucidchart editor
- Select the entire diagram (ctrl+a on windows, cmd+a on mac. We write this as ctrl/cmd + a)
- Copy the select diagram (ctrl/cmd + c). Copy must be done using keyboard.
- Open a new, blank diagram in draw.io
- Paste the diagram using ctrl/cmd + v. Paste must be done using keyboard.